A Partnership-Based, Global Recruitment Platform:
Due to collaborative efforts by the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED), International Trade Division, and through feedback from international partners, it was determined there is a need for a global business recruiting platform that will enhance Nevada’s position as an entry point to the U.S. market.
Nevada has entered into agreements with several government and economic development institutions, agreeing to cooperate on building such a recruiting platform. Program was launched in June 2018.
The primary goal of the platform is to position Nevada as a competitive soft-landing site that will capture companies interested in entering the U.S. market through the “dual model” which in turn will introduce into the economy additional foreign direct investment, new jobs, and higher wages.
Program description & objectives:
- The Nevada Global (NVG) program is administered by the International Division.
- NVG is a structured recruiting platform that leverages the division’s extensive contacts around the world.
- The program is based on international partnerships with foreign regional authorities and their business agencies. Each foreign partner works with the division to administer a highly competitive selection process where foreign companies compete for selection to travel to Nevada and participate in the mentoring program.
- The division’s Director of Special Projects serves as a coordinator and administer of the selection process in each partner region. Great care is taken to ensure that each company is prepared to invest in Nevada and to hire Nevada employees. Additionally, our selection process favors companies that will enhance our innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Nevada Global has international partners in Central and Eastern Europe and expansion plans aimed at the Czech Republic, Estonia, Slovenia, Ireland, UK, Netherlands, Finland, Turkey, Japan, Korea, India, and Taiwan.
Nevada Global platform focuses on international high-growth companies looking for soft-landing opportunities in the United States, especially on scaleups that were first founded abroad and that are ready to move headquarters and/or operations abroad.
This emerging “dual model” among international, and particularly European scaleups, presents a substantial opportunity for the State of Nevada. Recruiting efforts target high-probability companies that are determined as well-fitted for the Nevada market.
Nevada Global Model is based on “4C's” standing for:
- Competitive admission (through Pre-Acceleration Bootcamps and intensive mentoring in cooperation with NVG international and local partners).
- Cohorts of scale-ups (so far 5 groups took part in the program with participation of 35 companies).
- Cyclical programs (definite periods of time – usually 1-2 weeks) – since June 2018 in total 200+ days have been already spent by companies in the immersion programs in Nevada.
- Customer development based on learning from Nevada entrepreneurs and mentors in collaboration with 25 NVG partner organizations from Northern and Southern Nevada.
- Polish Institute of Aviation.
- Lubelskie & Mazowieckie Marshal Offices.
- Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education/National Center for Research & Development.
- Warsaw School of Economics/SGH.
- Adams Hub, Carson City.
- College of Business at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Consulate of Poland in Las Vegas, Downtown Vegas Alliance.
- Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN).
- Governor’s Office of Workforce Innovation (WINN).
- Henderson Chamber of Commerce.
- International Gaming Institute (IGI), University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance (LVGEA).
- Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce.
- Nevada Center for Advanced Mobility (Nevada CAM).
- Nevada Department of Business and Industry.
- Nevada Industry Excellence (NVIE).
- Nevada Institute for Autonomous Systems (NIAS).
- Nevada Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- Northern Nevada Development Authority (NNDA).
- Ozmen Center for Entrepreneurship, University of Nevada, Reno.
- Polish American Chamber of Commerce of Nevada.
- Reno Sparks Chamber of Commerce.
- Rob Roy’s Innevation Center Powered by Switch.
- StartUpNV, University of Nevada.
- Reno Innevation Center Powered by Switch.
- WaterStart, Work in Progress, Las Vegas.