General Information

Q: Who is administering the PETS Grant?
A: The State’s vendor, the National Development Council (NDC), will administer the Program. If you apply, please be on the lookout for calls and emails from NDC staff.

Q: Who should I contact with questions?
A: For general questions about the PETS Program please submit your inquiries at:

Eligibility Questions

Q: Who is eligible for the PETS Grant?
A: To be eligible to receive grant funding under the program, an applicant must:
• Have experienced and can demonstrate financial hardship due to COVID-19;
• Have a physical location in State (includes home-based businesses)
• Have an active business license prior to March 1, 2020 and be in good standing with the State (no liens or judgments, etc.);
• Be a for profit business have no more than 50 employees;
• Be a for profit business have an annual gross revenue under $4 million;
• Non-profits, Chamber of Commerce, and arts and culture organizations will not have an employee or gross revenue requirement.

Q: Who is NOT eligible for this Grant Program?
A: The following entities are not eligible for this program:
• Publicly traded companies and their subsidiaries;
• Entities which became operational after March 1, 2020;
• Those who are not physically located in the State;
• Businesses with gross annual revenue greater than $4 million;
• Businesses with more than 50 employees;
• Businesses illegal under federal law;
• Any state (owned) arts and culture organization

Q: I have a home-based business, can I apply?
A: YES. A home-based business can apply if they can demonstrate the need caused by COVID-19 pandemic.

Q: How are full-time employees calculated?
A: A full-time equivalent employee is determined by adding the hours of part-time employees on a monthly basis and dividing by 120 [IRC Section 4980H(c)(2)(E)].
For instance, if an employee works:
• 5 hours/week = 0.167 FTE
• 10 hours/week = 0.333 FTE
• 15 hours/week = 0.500 FTE
• 20 hours/week = 0.667 FTE
• 25 hours/week = 0.833 FTE
• 30 hours/week = 1.000 FTE

Application Process:

Q: What is the application process?
A: The application portal will be housed on the GOED website, and the program will be administered by NDC. Applicants will be required to complete a simple application form, and upload required documentation directly in the form.

Pre- application process - will be done through series of questions and this will immediately determine if applicants will qualify.

Determination of Expenses - If applicants pass the qualification process, they will be able to select the applicable grant award level and their individual plans for use of the grant funds by selecting which expense category they need.

Applicant affirmation/self-certification - All applicants will be required to certify that their business or organizations was closed or was negatively impacted as a result of COVID-19 and/or Governor’s Directive 010: Stay at Home Order, resulting in a material financial need; outline the economic impact caused by COVID-19 and certify their revenues for both pre- and mid-pandemic; and will be required to affirm that all information provided in the application is accurate and that funds will be used for the purposes and amounts specified in the application.

Uploading required documentation – Applicants will be required to upload required documents prior to submitting their application.

After the application was submitted, State vendor NDC will begin reaching out to applicants that have successfully completed the application.

After passing all the all required steps and uploading documents, applicants will receive notice of approval. Once an applicant is deemed eligible and approved for funding, NDC will contact applicant directly to verify information, sign grant agreement and send payment.

Q: What documents are required to prove eligibility?
A: If deemed initially eligible, applicants will be asked to provide copies of the following documents:
• Nevada State Business License;
• W-9 Form Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification;
• Articles of Incorporation or other relevant organization documents;

Q: Do I need to provide the Certified Copy of my State Business License?
A: No. You can provide copy of your business license and if your NV business ID number is matching the copy of your business license, vendor will not request the official certified copy.

Q: Where can I get the Copy of my State Business License if I do not have one?
A: To obtain the copy of State Business license go to: .

Q: To request a Copy of State Business license, do I need to submit a formal request on business letterhead to Secretary of the State?
A: No. A letter signed by the license holder is an acceptable alternative to obtain a copy of State Business License.

Q: What is a W-9 Form?
A: A W-9 tax form Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. To see example of W-9 Form follow the link: W-9 Form –

Q: Who will contact me after I submit my application?
A: The State’s vendor, the National Development Council (NDC), will administer the PETS Program on behalf of the State. Be on the look out for correspondence from NDC after applications close.


Application Prioritization

Q: How are applications prioritized*?
A: To the extent funding is available, completed applications will be prioritized in the following order:
• Disadvantaged Business Enterprises;
• Bars, pubs, taverns, breweries, and wineries impacted by COVID-19 related temporary closures.
• Arts & Culture Organizations;
• Chamber of Commerce;
• Other Businesses;
• Other non-profits.

*Calculation of prioritized entities and awards will be done in a manner consistent with ensuring fairness and equity across all priority groups.

Q: What is a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise?
A: For the purposes of this Grant, “Disadvantaged Business Enterprises” means a:
(1) Women Owned Business,
(2) Minority Owned Business,
(3) Veteran Owned Business, or
(4) Disability Owned Business,

“Women Owned Business” means a business that:
(1) Is owned by a natural person who is a woman; or
(2) Has at least 51 percent of its ownership interest held by one or more women.

“Minority Owned Business” means a business that:
(1) Is owned by a natural person who is a Minority; or
(2) Has at least 51 percent of its ownership interest held by one or more Minority persons.
“Minority” means a natural person of Black American, Hispanic American, Asian, Pacific American, or Native American ethnicity.

“Veteran-owned business” means a business that:
(1) Is owned by a natural person who is a veteran; or
(2) Has at least 51 percent of its ownership interest held by one or more veterans.
“Veteran” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 417.005.

“Disability-owned business" means a business that is at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by a person with a disability.

Q: What is a profit and/or non-profit Arts and Cultural Organizations?
A: Profit and or non-profit Arts and Cultural Organizations - are defined as entities which create, produce, present, promote, and/or preserve artistic and/or historical products in the visual, performing and literary arts fields, including but not limited to what is generally considered popular culture.

Grant Funding

Q: How many grants are available?
A: The State anticipates assisting approximately 2,000-3,000 applicants with this Program. The actual amount of assisted businesses and organizations will be a function of need per business.

Q: Do the grants need to be repaid?
A: No. Grants are awarded to eligible entities without expectation of repayment.

Q: How much assistance can I receive?
A: All approved applicants are eligible to receive the maximum grant award amount based on the following grant award levels:
• Businesses and other non-profits can receive up to $10,000 for any eligible expenses;
• Chambers of Commerce:
o serving less than 10 businesses can receive up to $10,000;
o serving more than 10 businesses can receive up to $20,000;
• Arts and Culture organizations can receive up to $20,000.

Q: What can grant funds be used for?
A: Grant funds will be paid directly to an applicant to cover different expenses related to working capital (rent, inventory, payroll, utilities, etc.), protective equipment (PPE) and protective retrofit due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Eligible expenses:
General Expenses for Working Capital
• Payroll;
• Rent;
• Utility bills;
• Inventory;
• Other.
Protective Equipment and Protective Retrofits
• Personal protective equipment (PPE);
• Supplies for cleaning and sanitation;
• Expenses related to retrofitting in order to comply with social distancing and other health guidelines.

Q: What is definition of Inventory?
A: Inventory refers to all the items, goods, merchandise, and materials held by a business for selling in the market to earn a profit.( Raw Materials, Work-In-Progress (WIP), Finished Goods, and Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO))

Q: What is definition of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
A: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is equipment purchased and used to protect employees from COVID-19. Examples may include but are not limited to:
• Respiratory protection, gowns, gloves and eye protection for facilities that have close contact with customers or patients.

Q: What are the expenses related to retrofitting?
A: Expenses that entity has related to retrofitting in order to comply with social distancing and other health guidelines are for example (but are not limited to):
• Physical barriers/sneeze guards for bars, restaurants, and gyms to separate customers from employees.
• Equipment for isolation rooms or other upgrades to ventilation systems.
• Hand washing/hygiene stations and supplies such as hand disinfectants, wipes and soap.
• Materials for conducting employee health screening such as touchless thermometers.
• Face coverings such as masks, face shields and respirators.

Q: What would be example of Other Expenses?
A: Example would be assisting businesses with any services like simple accounting, translation of documents, assistance with application, or for certain businesses to pay association fees related to business location/building or different communal expenses, etc.


Maintenance of Documentation

Q: Do I need to document how I spend the grant?
A: Yes, you need to document and keep a record of spending in case you receive request for proof of spending.

Q: What type of documentation will I need?
A: Example of the documentation would be receipts for Covid-related expenses; invoices and corresponding payment receipts.